- This is from a past three-part series.
- We’re going to talk about very specific characteristics in specific breeds and cover main characteristics.
- Knowing these characteristics will help you better choose your forever-pet.
- Genetics will influence the type of personality it demonstrates, the energy of the dog, etc.
- Understanding this, you can better respond as to why the dog is behaving this way.
- STOP! Comparing your new dog to the last dog and why this new dog is not as great as your new dog.
- Even if you get the same exact breed it is not the same dog – each dog has its own individual characteristics.
- Dogtime.com – this website breaks down each breed and sub headings for each one of those.
- What is it that you would be looking for to match your lifestyle?
- What are the things you need to analyze in order to bring a dog into your home?
- Investigate a breed that will be right for you – consider the following factors:
- Decide whether you want an adult dog or a puppy
- Almost 25% of the dogs in a shelter facility are purebred
- Size matters – larger dogs on average cost more to manage a year than a smaller dog
- Consider about the amount of area you need in your home for your dogs and you to co-live
- How active you are can largely influence what dog you should get
- Do you have a large family or other pets such as cats or other dogs that would not get along with other dogs
- Is the area you currently live in dog friendly
- Future thinking – are you going to outlive this dog?
- A few other things to consider :
- How much time will you be spending with your dog ?
- Do you have outside support ?
- Are you ready for dog destruction ?
- Are you willing to do what it takes for that dog to train them?
- Is your home puppy-proof?
Take Our Survey
Give us your input on training programs from FamilyDogFusion.Click to Take Our Survey