- Do you remember when your four legged friend was unable to join you at your favorite coffee shop?
- It has been wonderful to see more public venues allow dogs in their establishments.
- However, there is still etiquette you must understand when having your pooch join you.
- Let’s jump into Bennie’s rules on etiquette in public venues:
- 1 Make sure you and your dog have basic good manners.
- 2 Keep your dog on the leash and the leash in control at all times.
- 3 Teach your dog to be quiet and still.
- 4 When greeting other dogs, it should be noiseless, gentle, and positive.
- 5 Make sure you dog is healthy and up to date on all vaccines, immunizations, and medications.
- 6 Never bring a dog in heat into a public place. Especially a place that allows other dogs.
- 7 Clean up your mess.
- 8 Bring snacks and water for your own dog.
- 9 If you are to go outside of a dog designated area, ask permission.
- 10 Always ask permission before letting your dog greet another dog. The same goes for you. Always ask permission before you greet or pet another person’s dog.
- 11 Not everyone loves dogs. Not everyone loves YOUR dog. Be respectful of that fact.
- 12 Not every dog gets along with other dogs (or people). Do not assume a dog is nice because it is in a public place.
- 13 If your dog misbehaves, remove it immediately.
- 14 If your dog hurts another dog, a person, or damages property then take responsibility.
- 15 If you are asked to leave…LEAVE.
Take Our Survey
Give us your input on training programs from FamilyDogFusion.Click to Take Our Survey