Why do we enjoy talking to our pups as if they are human? Is this detrimental to our pooch? Bennie and Leslie dive into this philosophical question and come up with some great guidelines in this week’s episode about treating your dog like a human.
- I know my dog is a dog.
- I don’t expect him to go make me a sandwich.
- I admit there is something gratifying about talking to him and even for him, like he is human.
- Anthropomorphism is the word for attributing human characteristics and behaviors to your dog.
- If you are talking to your dog with the expectation of changing your dog’s behavior and your dog continues to do that thing then you are really only giving attention to that behavior.
- There is a big difference between talking to your dog and treating him like a human.
- They are only acting in a way that they know should be result of your actions.
- Your dog is not analyzing the situation and then making a decision.
- You have to be aware of what you are communicating.
- Dog’s do not understand the phrases and sentences we use.
- What dogs understand is your tone, inflections, body language that goes along with those words, and your mood.
Take Our Survey
Give us your input on training programs from FamilyDogFusion.Click to Take Our Survey