Dogs can die from complications caused by alcohol.
Today, discover why this is a really big deal and some things to keep in mind during Holiday seasons.
In this episode, you will learn how to prepare your house for social gatherings that may include alcoholic refreshments.
- Bennie believes that you never give your dog alcohol or human food
- Dogs bodies are not built to metabolize the sugars
- Dogs cannot build up a tolerance for alcohol
- Chocolates, grapes, raisins are things that are horrible for dogs and they are some general components for your dog
- Ep 023 – common household items that could be dangerous
- Be aware that things in your home that may include alcohol such as extracts, mouth wash, etc.
- Yeast can be very dangerous to your dog, such as sourdough bread
- Human bodies are built to filter out toxins and things such as alcohol and dogs’ bodies are not designed to do that
- Keep in mind the size of your dog and weight
- Remember to keep in mind that you want to create a habit that is responsible such as regular dog food and regular water
- We don’t have to humanize our dogs all the time – they are a dog – let them be a dog
- You have to watch yourself around your pets and keep an eye on your pets.
Prepare your home for the holiday parties and anytime you are going to have guest over with an occasion to drink.
- Be mindful that bottles can break so keep a cup they can pour their bottles into
- Bottle caps off of the bottles or wine corks need to be picked up off the ground so your dog doesn’t eat them
- Other containers of alcohol that your dogs can get into such as box wine, kegs, etc.
- Put these things at a higher level so your dog cant reach them
- Designate an area or tables for people to put their drinks on and do the same for alcohol
- You want to train your guests about your dog and the do’s and don’ts
- You have to do the training with your dog and Bennie suggests to have them do the basic training
- Make sure low cabinets are secured and left closed
Take Our Survey
Give us your input on training programs from FamilyDogFusion.Click to Take Our Survey